Jewel Renderer Manual
Store URL :
mail : email@example.com
Version 1.02 released
- Added option to capture cubemap.
Version 1.01 released
- Added optimization option "MergeSimilarPlanes"
What is this?
Jewel Renderer simulates reflection of ray inside convex bodies.
Good for rendering transparent objects, especially gems.
- No texture required
- Rich-looking rendering result using simple mesh
- Runs on Windows/Mac/iOS/Android
(although it is heavy for mobiles to render widely)
- Put "Jewel" prefab onto your scene
- Set your mesh in MeshFilter component
- Modify properties (see reference page for details)
- Component menu -> "Setup"
Setting background cubemap by Drag&Drop (as done in the movie) seems to be invalid in Unity2018 and later.
Following operation is available instead.
- duplicate "skybox01" material in the package
- set "Cubemap" parameter of the material
- Drag&Drop it into your scene
The movie will be replaced.
Shows how the rendering result changes by parameters.
- Only convex shapes are fully supported.
Although you can input non-convex one, the result will be incorrect.
- Vertices should not be shared by multiple triangles.
("Edged," "flat-surfaced" model)
- Origin (0,0,0) of mesh should be inside the shape.
- Skyboxes should not include Mip-maps.
Uncheck "Generate Mip Maps" in the texture's property grid and "Apply".
- Requires considerable GPU cycles, depending on reflection count (configurable) and number of rendered pixels, number of triangles in the mesh and "prism" option.
To render in best quality, high-spec PC will be required.